Friday, July 23, 2010

Open the Bag!

boulder Pictures, Images and Photos

Well, I've been recovering from my illness up at my mom's house. I took it upon myself to be my mom and sister's live-in personal healthy lifestyle coach.  (Even though they say they are excited about that, I'm not sure how long the excitement will last :o)
Sooo, I'm sure you can imagine my shock and horror when I looked into their cupboard and saw the Attain Shakes had NOT BEEN OPENED YET, and had sat there for a SOLID MONTH!!!!
My mom said they didn't want to open them until they were 100% committed to eating healthy.
Uh, okay, I've got a problem with that!
Now let's be honest now friends, how many of you are just like my mom? Worried about taking that first step because it represents a committment you're not sure you can keep yet?
Here, let me figuratively hold your hand for a minute and tell you it's OKAY.  It's okay to not be perfect on the first day you decide to make some positive changes in your life.  Consider that making the positive changes in your life are like pushing a big boulder down the top of a steep mountain.  The first pushes are going to take some effort, and some of your pushing is going to feel futile and non-effective, but as the boulder starts to build momentum it gets a lot easier, and soon it starts to roll on it's own.  If your goal was to get that boulder rolling, the only way to get it started was to start pushing, even though those pushes were not 100% perfect. 
Don't beat yourself up if you don't eat every meal perfectly balanced and portioned. Don't stop trying to learn  how to develop lean muscle just because you didn't figure out how to breathe perfectly on the first day, (that can be quite confusing, but soon enough it becomes second nature).
DO take those first steps. Use the tools that make taking those first steps easier, like wedging the boulders with levers to unearth it, the Attain Bars and Shakes and Access Bars and Shakes are tools to make those first pushes and steps more effective. 
Now seriously if you have not opened your bags or boxes yet, please call me, I'll help you take that first step,,,OPEN THE BAG!

2 comments:

  1. Charity I totally agree! That was said perfectly. I have really struggled this week and kept thinking to myself I should just quit, but then I keep pushing that boulder, although not perfectly at times, I do feel it rolling. I think my sister is one who hasn't opened the bag, literally. I bought some stuff for her to try and have talked to her a few times and she hadn't tried it yet. She has lots of excuses but just needs to get started like so many others. We just need to remember taking one step forward is better than taking no steps and if you mess up or have a hard time you can always start over the next day. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your insight is right on. I wish everyone would realize that perfection is not necessary for real changes to take place, baby steps really do lead to enormous outcomes. Thanks for great advice. I'm looking forward to your next post.
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note and let us know how it is going today!
If you do not have a google account sign in under anonymous and just sign your name at the end of your note.