Friday, July 9, 2010

I made cookies last night....

Picture 6

....does this sound like a confessional?  This IS a healthy lifestyle blog....Well you might be thinking I made healthy cookies, but no I didn't, they were regular chocolate chip cookies.
For my husband they are a mainstay of his diet.
(he's one of those guys who can eat 12 cookies a day and still look great in a pair of Wranglers...don't be jealous, just be happy for him....)
More importantly, cookies are significant demonstration of love.
(if all kids had a mom as great as my hubby's the world would be a better place :o)
Making cookies
(or buying cookies...let's keep it real friends...:o)
has and will be a constant part of my life as I travel around the sun with my incredible eternal companion...
AKA...husband.  
Referring back to yesterday's post I'm working on retraining my hands while making cookies.  Before I started the cookies I prepared by making myself a chocolate blueberry Attain shake . It was delicious, filled me up and it was perfectly balanced between protein and carbs. 
I did pop a piece of walnut in my mouth and one chocolate chip, but I did not eat a hot cookie right out of the oven. I really wasn't even tempted to, because I was so full from the shake.  But I noticed my hands wanted to reach out and grab a cookie and I had to tell my hand: NO!
My message with this story is that there will be temptations in our daily life that we can't remove, a challenge we have to face head on.  It takes contemplation, preparation, and execution, not just once but many times to give our hands and mind opportunity to relearn actions.  Every time we go through the new motions we rewire the circuitry in our brains so that it gets easier and easier.  (This is science according to Charity, but it makes sense, right?)
So I guess I should thank my dear husband for this opportunity go grow stronger...I know I'm getting somewhere because that sentence never ran through my mind a few months ago...
So what are your challenges you can not remove from daily life and how are you facing them head on, let's share and help each other!

3 comments:

  1. Great Job Sandy! A little self control never killed anyone, and when you're not so focused on the dessert you can give better quality time to those loved ones who are gathered around you! PS: you can report your contest points in your comments if you want. You're doing AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A challenge for me is breakfast! I always eat whatever my kids are eating. This usually consists of sugary cereals like Lucky Charms or Life cereal with the occasional Pop Tart. I've kind of grown accustomed to these bad choices and I need to change. What kind of foods do you have for breakfast when you are being "good"?
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my personal trainer Georgia has taught me to balance carbs and proteins, so for breakfast I often have egg white omelets with wheat toast, or oatmeal with egg whites cooked in with it. Sounds gross but you gotta try it, it's a hardy meal that fills you up! I only eat cold cereal on my day off, too many carbs... It's been good to get out of the habit! You should come to an intro class, you learn a ton! Check out Georgia's schedule on her blog. She goes to Layton. Just click on the Lets Get Fitt button at the top of this page. See you Tuesday?!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note and let us know how it is going today!
If you do not have a google account sign in under anonymous and just sign your name at the end of your note.