Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Learn the ropes before the tough days come!

watchin you Pictures, Images and Photos
When I started working with Georgia the timing was just right for me, I didn't have anything major going on, no major crisis sapping my time and energy, and my health was fair.  It was the perfect time for me to put some effort into learning how to pair carbs and proteins, how to find the correct balance for my calorie needs, how to eye portions,  and discover new foods that provide the nutrients I need. I took advantage of that time and put the effort into learning the system and I'm so glad I did, because you never know what life is going to throw you, and when. 
For example today: I came down with the flu yesterday.  You know, the please somebody shoot me cause I know death would feel so much better than this flu. The chills, the sweats, and the insane headache and body aches. (okay,,, enough complaining,,,you get the picture:oP )
Well, I've been able to stay on target with my nutrition, even though exercise is out of the question.  I know there is no way I could have done that 10 weeks ago when I was just learning the ropes. 
But this is my point to all my friends who have joined me in this journey:  IT GETS EASIER! It becomes natural and just part of your life, and it's worth the effort.  Don't give up!  And don't be afraid to ask questions.  Many times I texted Georgia for random questions as I was figuring things out, and you are more than welcome to do the same for me,,,not that I'm an expert, but I've got a few on my team:o)
If you're are in the thick of life you can still do this, just focus on learning like 1 thing a week, and take it easy on yourself it's better to go slow than not to change at all!
If this post doesn't seem to flow as well as the others please take it with a grain of salt....like I said...I've got the flu ;o)

a sick person laying in bed Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to comment about your "day off" blog and didn't check it again until now. First if all I hope you are feeling better and thanks for setting up the super set for us. It was great! There were only 3 of us that came but we got some good advice and a great workout. I love the day off thing and if I weren't able to have it I can tell you I would have quit a long time ago. It just makes it that much easier to continue eating healthy the next week. Also I will add that I too think it is getting easier. It is a learning process but I feel much better. Although I have had a little set back and have lost some muscle weight, so Georgia is upping my calories and we will go from there. I know this happened to you charity so did you increase your meal calories or just add in another meal? That's all I have to say, keep up the good work everyone! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you Charity at our super set workout (missed many others as well ). I'm excited for our next workout, loved the workout room, let's all invite a few people and fill the room. If we get enough people I'll come do an evening class, and stay over night for a 6 a.m. class. That way it will meet everyone's time needs.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note and let us know how it is going today!
If you do not have a google account sign in under anonymous and just sign your name at the end of your note.