Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A New Start Every Day!


Sunset
Today feels like a fresh start for me. Last week I was getting over a cold and not up for exercising regularly. This weekend I was on a road trip and although it was a good experience learning how to travel and eat healthy, I'm glad to be home with my stocked fridge and cupboards.  I woke up today and exercised while the kids watched cartoons (I love that I can fit in my strength training without leaving the house) and with each healthy meal I eat, the more empowered I feel.  
I am so glad to have found a road to healthy living that works for me. I can't remember the last time I've felt so good.  Giving up the treats that come along in daily life is less and less of a sacrifice because I know that staying on course feels so much better. (Although I'm very glad for my day off, who's with me?)

I'm so glad to have friends join me in this journey and invite you all to leave a comment and let me know how it's going today. 
What's on YOUR mind?  What's working? What's not? 


Feel free to comment on each others notes if you have some advice or you're in the mood to commiserate.
Let me know if you're having technical difficulties:)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, this is dorky but I needed to see how the comments show up, so I am officially posting the first comment! So now the rest of you can join in! If you don't have an account you should be able to sign in as anonymous and just sign your name at the end of the post. Let me know if you have any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charity, this is great! I am interested in seeing snack ideas with the calaries, carbs, protien, ect from everyone.

    Marci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity, You don't know me but I love your blog. When I read through it I was so impressed. I got a warm fuzzy feeling. I have had the same results that you have described. I have been working with Georgia for the past year and a half. I was 230 lbs. I have a bad hip and knee troubles that were being compounded by my extra weight. I had tried a few things to trim down but only had the opposite results. I couldn't exercise like I used to because of the new metal hip and I was feeling old and run down. In the first 9 months I got down to 195 lbs. by just changing some old eating habits, actually eating more, and incorporating some cardio on our eliptical machine and some upper body weight lifting. I have never felt like I was dieting, I almost never feel hungry, and so have been able to maintain. I am still at 195 lbs but I am ready to ramp it up again by just being more consistent. With Georgia's help I am looking at 180 by the end of the year. I can't remember when I felt this great. I love working with Georgia she has helped me get my health back. I think I will ask her out, she is looking great herself. I think she is in better shape today than the day I married her 21 years ago. Thanks for your support, Georgia is loving the help she is giving to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Georgia's husband, for sharing your story, how motivating! It is great to know you have the tools to achieve your goals.

    Marci, I will compile some snacks I've been doing,and create a page tab for them. I'll add to it the suggestions others make in these commments. So bring on your ideas everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note and let us know how it is going today!
If you do not have a google account sign in under anonymous and just sign your name at the end of your note.