Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love and Passion


A title most fitting for the month of February,,, but what does it have to do with health?

Well, I came across a scripture in Alma 38:12 that says "see that ye bridle your passions, that ye may be filled with love..."  I read it almost a month ago, and it keeps coming back to me...I know this to be a true principle but had never related it to food and exercise before.
Passions are like fire and water, good servants but bad masters —Alexander Pope
I feel that before I learned how to eat healthy this year, my passion for food had become my master, and it affected my ability to love food,,, and myself.

Now that I've learned to "bridle my passions" for food, I have felt myself filled with love. I've learned to love taking care of my body by giving it the nutrition it needs, not the sugary junk food to which I had been addicted.  I've learned to love whole foods and taste the junk in junk food. I've learned to control my portions which in turn makes me feel better.  When I feel better I am more apt to do good things, so life overall has improved in my home, in my relationships, in my ability to reach goals in all facets.

I am grateful to my personal coaches Georgia and Luanne for sharing their insight and giving me the tools to learn how to treat my body with love by giving it the food and exercise it needs to perform to it's best ability.  I have shared these tools with my family and hope that by instilling good habits while young it will help them to always keep their passions with food bridled, thus allowing a healthy love of self to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note and let us know how it is going today!
If you do not have a google account sign in under anonymous and just sign your name at the end of your note.