Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Whew! Week 1 is done.

Isn't that always the case?  The first week is the hardest because your realize how far you've strayed.   I'm talking about the Healthy Eating Contest that just started.  We're actually in the middle of the 2nd week and things are going much smoother than last week.  I wanted to jot down observations in hopes that might help you recognize what's happening in your life too in regards to healthy eating. 

So as I said the first week was a toughy for me because I realized I'd slipped back into so many bad habits.  I caught myself putting a taste of everything that I saw into my mouth whether I was hungry or not. I was eating too big of portions, and eating off my kids plates as I cleared them. 

So in this contest there is a weekly personal goal and I decided this week to writed down everything that I put in my mouth.  Kinda like a punishment for getting out of control (cause I hate to do it), and it makes me think twice about putting things in my mouth because I know I have to write it down.  I suggest you try this if you're starting out and don't know where to start cause everything is so overwhelming. You can analyze your list and see what you need to work on, and if you're working with Georgia she said she'd be willing to analyze it for you. 

On a different train of thought...The workout with Lu last night at the Roy Complex was so much fun! It was my first superset ever, and although there were some very jiggly moments, I made it through and am only mildly sore today.  We will keep you posted on the next time and date. We missed all those who didn't make it! 

1 comment:

  1. That is great advice it is a really great tool to see where you are and get on track to where you want to go. Take advantage of the shakes and meal bars, they really do help with the cravings and the grazing. Don't forget to stay well hydrated. I like to be sure to have a balanced meal bar and a water bottle with me in the car when I am away from home longer than expected (almost every day). But it is good to have them at home also where all kinds of food are easily accessible. Thanks for your thoughts. Love Georgia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note and let us know how it is going today!
If you do not have a google account sign in under anonymous and just sign your name at the end of your note.